Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Evening

It is 10:05 on Sunday evening and the house is peaceful.  Everyone is in bed, asleep, except for Ellie, who is finishing some last minute schoolwork and me.  I am trying to figure out how to build a bridge out of straws, rubber bands and play do with my class of 4 and 5 year olds tomorrow.  I still can't imagine how we are going to do this.  I wanted to try and build one myself at home tonight, but I can't find the rubber bands I just bought yesterday.  Such is life in this house.

This is such a strange season I find myself in.  I am helping Anna plan her wedding in between prenatal doctor visits.  Having children in about every stage of life is comical and challenging.  Paul and I ate lunch at home today with just Sam, Ben and Emma.  I looked around at each of their little faces and thought, "I've been here before".  And I have.  15 years ago.  With three different, yet eerily similar,  little children.  I can't fully explain how unreal this experience is.

Tuesday I have an ultrasound and I am assuming we will find out if we are completing the pattern with a baby girl or going a whole new direction with a little boy.  I'm not sure which I'm hoping for- I guess either would be fine.  We have decided firmly on a name for a baby boy that we both love, but we are still undecided on a girl's name.  But there's always a chance this baby will be modest and we won't be able to find out yet.  Emma and Sam both did that to us.

Tomorrow morning is week 20 of Classical Conversations.  I love this program and I love teaching my class of little ones.  But the past few weeks have become increasingly difficult to have enough energy to get through the morning.  Tutoring this age group requires a lot of energy.  After tomorrow, we will only have 4 more weeks until we finish up for the year, and I am looking forward to being done for a while.  I plan to teach next year, but I will use a substitute for the first few weeks.

I'm headed off to bed.  Thankfully, I'm still sleeping well (with bathroom breaks, of course!) and I am feeling good.  The new bp meds caused a pretty bad headache for two days, but it went away yesterday which was a relief.  I'm praying this medicine has lowered my bp enough that I won't need to increase the dose or take another medicine.

Good night.

No comments: